Friday, April 25, 2008

Stimulus Package

Yay! I just read on irs.gov that Jeff and I will be getting our "stimulus package" on May 16th! Such good news! I had seen a different schedule earlier this year that said that we wouldn't get our "rebate" until September since the last two of my social is "94" we are at the very end of the list. But hey, it's $1200 free bucks! Though I know where $826 of that will be going - to pay for that root canal from yesterday... Yow! My mouth hurts something fierce today - if you ever have to face a root canal, I would suggest that you have your tooth pulled instead! Seriously, it was NOT fun!
Today has been a roller-coaster of plans... my dad called at lunch time to see if Jeff and I wanted to fly to sunny California for Jeff's birthday. I was all for it, and called Jeff to see if he could get the time off. We both got Monday off, then my dad said he needed to make sure he was allowed to fly, so then the trip was tentatively on hold. Then my dad got clearance to go, but they wanted to wait until next weekend since it is my sister's husband's birthday then - it would be like a double celebration. The only problem is that Jeff has month-end next week, so he could not get the time off. So - we're back to our original plan to go to New York on May 8. Though my mom & dad and sister & brother-in-law and nephew might be going to New York too! (Don't worry Brandi, if you're reading this, they'll get a hotel room.)
So, it looks like we're set up for another restful weekend at home - which is just what I want/need! Though in the conversation I just had with Jeff he mentioned that maybe we should clean our house... yeah, we probably should, but it's so not fun. We'll see. Happy Day, it's 3:35, and I only have 25 minutes of work left today! Yay!
Have a great weekend, and if you end up going to California/Disneyland, I don't want to hear about it. :)
Loves, Rachael

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Hey, New York will be sooo much fun!
I do hope you're feeling better. You rest up and come see us soon! We miss you!
Colleen