Monday, April 21, 2008

I hate being talked to like I am a child!

Okay, so I lost my new badge for work. I know, I know, I've only worked there for a couple of weeks, HOW could I possibly loose my badge already? I don't know! But unfortunately the fact of the matter is that I have lost it. So I walked in the building and straight to the Security desk and inform them that I have lost my badge and need a new one. The girl behind the desk asks for my name and when I give it to her, she says "But you're a brand new employee! How could you have lost it already? Okay, I'll give you a new one. But you better not loose this one, these are EXTREMELY expensive and practically irreplacable. I'm going to make you one, but understand that these are EXTREMELY expensive. If you find your old one, please bring it back to us as it can be used again."
Then she haughtily hands me my new badge as though I were simply careless about my badge and basically a complete idiot. RUH!!! Hello?!? I am an adult here, I do know how much these badges cost (I used to be in charge of them at another job somewhere else.) And yeah, they're expensive, but you just gotta go with the flow, people lose their badges sometimes, it's going to happen whether it is that persons first week or they have been with the company for 17 years.
Plus it is not like I was purposely being careless. I just can't remember where I put it when I got home from work on Thursday. I wish I could just visualize myself taking it off and setting it ... WHERE? Dang it!
Jeff and I talked about traveling to New York this coming weekend for his birthday, but it turns out my boss is out of the office until Friday of this week, so I can't ask if it is okay for me to have the time off before I need to book the flights. So... it looks like we won't be going this weekend afterall. But we are tentatively looking at the weekend of May 8th for a reschedule. Here's hoping that I can get the time off. :)
Loves, Rach

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You should have asked her if she'd like to tatoo your badge on your forehead - maybe that would have given her comfort knowing this would NEVER happen again - Geesh- some people. They think that because they are "security" with is another name for "couldn't get a REAL police job" they own the company. What are they gunna do - throw their keys at you?
When people start to talk down to me, I want to say, "could you speak s-l-o-w-e-r, I USED to be blond..."
hehehhehee!
Have a great night and the NYC trip sound WONDEFFUL!
Colleen