Monday, April 7, 2008

Feeling much better. :)

Sorry for such a downer post earlier - I guess it finally sunk in today that my dad has cancer - a sometimes deadly disease - and he is literally fighting for his life. That all too familiar "Oh, no, I cannot deal with this - this is too much" feeling came over me and I cried while I was writing. But now, thanks to my wonderful husband and his parents, I am feeling much better. They offered a different interpretation to the dream - he is being asked if he is ready for this fight, to win over cancer. I like that much better and am choosing to believe that is what the question is about.
In other news, yesterday my sister and brother-in-law mentioned that they had an ongoing disagreement about buying chocolate protein powder since it was so expensive. My sister mentioned that she finally gave in last week and they bought a huge bottle from Costco. The funny thing is that Jeff works for a company that deals in powders, and he can get it for free. So today he came home with a HUGE box of chocolate protein powders and we dropped it off at their house. They were surprised and pleased - I love that Jeff was willing to do this little thing because he loves my family too.
Also, tomorrow I have my follow-up appointment with the Rhuemetologist to see what the latest round of tests have to say. She said that she doesn't think it is dermatomyositis (what the dermatologist thought it might be) but instead thinks either it is not an autoimmune problem at all, or it is Lupus. I'm voting for it to not be an autoimmune disease, and simply an allergy of unknown origin. I'm crossing my fingers (and my toes and my legs and my eyes - what else can you cross?). I'll know more tomorrow.
Well, we got invited over to my sister's house for dessert - so I'll be off, just wanted to let you know that I'm much better now.
Loves! Rachael

No comments: