Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Have you ever had a Terrible, Horrible, No-good, Very-bad Day?

Ever since I was a little kid I have always wanted to use that phrase from the book - I don't think today qualifies to that level, but it was close.
1. Woke up at 6:00 AM from a TERRIBLE nightmare including me having to confront people I know about their poor attitudes and ending with one of them trying to shoot me. It was so real, I woke up crying and had to wake Jeff up.
2. While straightening my hair with the curling iron, I bumped my forehead, so now I have a pink mark on the right side of my head about the size of a quarter.
3. Traffic. I was all set to be to my new job early, but ended up walking in the doors at 7:59. (At least I wasn't late)
4. Had to have my picture taken for my new badge for work - I looked okay, but remember the quarter on my forehead? Oh, and not to mention those extra pounds I packed on while I was on steroids earlier this year. (The plus side to this is that in a couple of months from now someone will see my badge and say "Whoa, you don't even look like the same person.")
5. Hives. Very, very, very bad outbreak today. I tried so hard not to scratch while my new boss was explaining things to me, but sometimes I just couldn't help it.
6. Had to request time off on my very first day because
7. I chipped a huge chunk of my tooth off last night and had to go have it fixed today.
8. On my way out of the building, I began falling half-way down the stairs (this is my biggest fear in life - ask Jeff) but caught myself slightly so I ended up only
9. Hitting my head on the wall
10. Twisting my knee
11. Twisting my ankle
12. And breaking my brand new sunglasses that I have gotten so many compliments on.

1. One positive thing is that I was able to slip in a visit with the dermatologist and she is putting me on cyclosporin to HOPEFULLY clear up the hives.
2. My new job is Great!
3. My new boss is so cool!
4. I'm eating peach sherbet!
5. The dentist gave me some Lortab for my tooth pain - which is also relieving my headache. :)
6. It's 5:30 and Jeff will be home soon.

I'm crossing my fingers that my second day might go a little bit better. :)
Loves, Rachael

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh you poor baby! I'm so sorry about all the stuff you had to go through today - how awful and on a Wednesday of all things - Oh well, it's over and tomorrow HAS to be better, right?? I mean, I guess you could put another quarter on your head..but hey, you could go to work as Fiddy-cents..(isn't he a rapper or someting?? trying to be cool here, work with me...)

Bad dreams are just that - bad dreams - I've had some doozies - and they're hard to shake. Isn't it nice though to have someone to wake-up and hold you? that's the best. So, sweet dreams (I make Randy say that evrey night!)and know that I am sending you all my very bestest thoughts for a great Thursday!
-me