Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Days are Here Again!

Do you ever get little phrases from songs or movies stuck in your brain? It happens to me ALL the time - next time you see me, ask me what song is running through my head at the moment and you'll be surprised to hear me start singing it. :)
Today - in comparison to yesterday - was absolutely WONDERFUL! First I have to start off by saying that my most darling husband brought me home the most beautiful roses and plant for my desk at work last night. He is so so so very good to me. Then I dragged him to yet ANOTHER doctor's appointment - this time the PCP for an increase in my thyroid medication (it showed up on those tests from the rhumetologist). ANYWAY - my doctor is the most wonderful healthcare provider I have EVER known, and believe me I have known a LOT. The nurse that had been working with her for the past 10 years died last month in a motorcycle accident in Hawaii. So we chatted about her and how different things are without her there. We talked about the kid who was screaming his head off when we arrived and how she was teaching him that he doesn't always get his way. We talked about how happy Jeff and I are and about her kids, and an hour and a half later Jeff and I walked out the door. Well, we waited for 30 minutes before she saw us (obviously she tends to get behind), but we spent an hour chatting like old friends. It is so cool to me that my doctor actually CARES about me - not just physically, but about my life and my mental well being. So, she actually wrote me a prescription for a second thyroid supplement which she said to take in the morning and at lunch and that I would feel a burst of energy. Boy was she right! I have not had this much energy in YEARS! Wow what a difference! I even spent the whole day training by myself on the online courses the company offers, only talked to about three people all day (which includes Jeff and my boss). I learned so much about electricity and regulations and safety and Access and Microsoft Project and the company. If I had had to do that yesterday, I would have surely fallen asleep.
ALSO - though I woke up with a half swollen eye from the hives here it is 11 hours later and all that are left are mere shadows of the hives - that new medicine is working!!!!!!!!!!
AND - my boss said he is totally cool with me working a flexible schedule. Today I went in at 7:45, took a 15 minute lunch and got to go home at 4:00!!! I can really get used to this contracting stuff!
OH, and I stuck with the low-calorie food plan all day today and have already had 6 of my 8 glasses of water... Man, what a great day!
PLUS, tomorrow is Friday and it will be the weekend! YAY!
Loves, Rachael

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh I'm sooo glad today was better! It's so good to have a great doc - I am gettign upset with mine as he tends to give really fast diagnosis and just seems to want to get to the next patient. So, good for you! Hey, I have an interview on Monday for the Waterford school! (customer service) Wish me luck!
-me