Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thank Goodness!

Some days I feel so grateful for so many things and tend to notice the little things especially. Like tea. My new job provides coffee, tea, hot chocolate or hot apple cider to all employees. I know it is a pretty standard perk, but at times like this morning, when I was getting drowsy, I am so glad that I could run and get a quick cup of green tea which has perked me right up. Luckily I am one of those people who doesn't mind the bitterness and in fact even enjoys it, so I don't need any sweetener, etc.
Another thing I am grateful for is my new job. I know I've said it a ton of times, but I could not have created a better position if I were to make it up myself. I am working on our BIG monthly report today, and I haven't run into any problems so far (knock on wood), it makes me feel good to know that I have learned enough to accomplish this task on my own. :)
I am also thankful for sweaters. I know, crazy, as it is in the 70's outside right now, but I think they keep the office at 60. So I look like a looney driving to work in the mornings all bundled up, but at least I'm able to work once I get here.
Oh, and I'm in love with the Spring weather, it is so nice! Jeff and I walked down to Becca and Jeremy's house on Tuesday and played outside with Harbor for about a half hour. He is so much fun.
I'm so glad that I don't have bad hives today - on Tuesday my eyes were all puffed up by hives, I had tiny slits for eyes - embarassing. Oh, and I'm so happy that I am going to get my hair dyed tonight - it has needed it for a couple of weeks now, but I try to push it as long as possible. Those gals at the beauty school have done an excellent job. Jeff thinks I should get some highlights - what do you think?

Loves!
Rachael

No comments: