Friday, July 18, 2008

My husband is FAMOUS

Okay, so not like some super-star or anything, but he is in an article that is currently on the front page of cnn.com! I swear I never thought anything so cool would come of his GI Joe obsession, but I must give him credit - his cubicle was pretty cool. Check out the article here: http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/worklife/07/18/wacky.workspace/index.html

Now we are working on creating a room in our house for all his GI Joes. I was really bugged by them when we first got married - I thought it was childish, but then I realized that lots of guys get fanatical about something. My uncle, for example, is a HUGE sportsman and they have their house decorated in an outdoors/hunting/fishing theme with quite a few stuffed real animals he has caught. So I decided that it is pretty cool that Hasboro has come out with new editions of all the old figures Jeff played with as a kid for the 25th anniversary, though I never imagined that there were so many different guys and vehicles and weapons as there are. I have even watched some of the old cartoons with him - which brings back memories for me too. Though I didn't remember that everyone would say "GO JOE!" or "COBRA!" in unison so often, it's kind of silly, but hey, it was the 80's - things were a LOT different back then.

Anyway, it's pretty cool that he is on cnn.com

4 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I saw it too! And promptly showed everyone at work...yes, other people have golf, boating, scrapbooking, whatever brings them happiness, so why not GI Joe?
Love you and he and his collections too!
Colleen

Tara said...

That's totally cool! Yeah guys definitely have their obsessions. Be glad it is not video games.

Amber Omer said...

Hi Rach! That is way cool that you're married to fame! :) Love ya!

Annemarie said...

That's so cool! For my husband that would have to be the fishing/racing/everything collection!